11/06/2009
Good Life!
Okay so out with the old and in with the GOOD STUFF. On Sunday we had a member in our high priest group who is a marriage counselor come and talk to our Relief Society. Short story......he said it was not good to have people think your family is "picture perfect" and for you to think that the only way is to have a perfect family. So I am here to tell you that I totally agree with that. I look and all these blogs and think is something wrong with my family? What am I doing wrong? Well after that talk and there was much more to it then what I am trying to say. I have decided that my family is normal. Scott and I fight and yell at each other, sometimes I want to sleep in the basement and think that that is not who I married but it is. We don't drive the hottest cars and we don't have the best jobs, but we are making it day by day and I think that we are normal is some weird way. I don't want my Blog to sound like we are "picture perfect" because we aren't. I love my husband and All that he does for our family. This summer has been crazy. Scott's trucking has gone down the crapper and so he has been working in Idaho Falls for the week and then coming back on the weekends. He runs his truck whenever he has loads so he still has his trucks but as of today he is going to work nights at schreibers and will run a couple loads a week for a blood mill plant in Hyrum. I am working part time still with Natty at State Farm and doing hair a couple of days a week out of my salon. It would be so nice to be a Full time stay at home mom but sometimes you have to help the husband out. I never like to see Scott upset that he can't make enough for his family. He has never let me down and I think never will. anyways this is my life and it is great, hard, stressful and the BEST life we can have together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Amen to all you said. Sometimes blogs are crazy and people only put the "braggy" stuff. not to much of the real life adventures of every day life. I am in the same boat. Some day we will be stay at home moms. I am just grateful I don't have to be the bread winner.
I have to have the same attitude that you have, Nicki. Life is crappy sometimes so get over it and enjoy it. I have to remember that! And I do, it's just hard when you think, will my child ever understand what I'm saying to her or I wish I could go OUT for dinner once this month. But that's not what is important, i guess. I mean being fat and happy is good too but underneath it all it really only matters is to be happy with I've got now.
What a great post! I don't think people blog to make their lives seem perfect but more to focus on the positives in their lives. It sure is nice to know that we aren't alone in the not-so-perfect life though. It makes me, at least, more grateful for the good times.
Yeah, you guys are totally normal. And I bet after it all you guys are going to be way closer and stronger together after all this stuff passes by. That is what I'm hoping for us. I know these next...like 7 years or a little more will be crazy and really really hard a lot of times, but overall hopefully we'll end up happier in the long-run. Hopefully I can remember to be happy in the middle of it too I guess! :)
Thanks!
I love your cute family and pic! I hope things can get better for you guys. We know how it is too, with the milk prices the way they are, i've been thinking of other ways to make money too. what's your email, so i can invite you to see my blog?
I love you in all your normalness! It's so nice to have friends who admit to having a crappy life just like mine! I've been so depressed the past week because of certian friends and their picture perfect lives that make me feel so bad about my own. I'm glad i can be crappy and normal right along with you! :)
Well said. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who reads other blogs and thinks that too. I bet this blog post helped more people than you know.
I wish someone would come and give that lesson in every ward. It must make them feel better by pretending to be perfect, but I think it would only make us feel worse if we did that. Life isn't supposed to be easy. You guys are doing great. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. At least you are being real about it. That's how everyone should be.
I agree with your post. It is hard sometimes when life isn't going so great and you see other's blogs & think their life must be perfect, it can get depressing! I added your blog link to my private blog list...hope that's cool! :)
It is so true! you all ways hear and see all the good or "perfect things in people's lives and rarely the bad. Everyone has their trials even if you see them or not. i feel i have a normal life too, including the yelling and fighting and other problems. as long as we are trying our best, we are doing good :)
I could not agree more. Thanks for saying this on your blog because I feel the same when I read everybody's blogs. My life will never be picture perfect. Thanks for your example.
Post a Comment