1/13/2011

Poor Scott

Scott came home from work last week and showed me these dots on his leg and I told him to not worry about it. It didn't look that bad so I told him to buck up. Then on (1/11/11) Tuesday he came home from work and showed me again and all over his legs where dots of blood  trying to come through his skin. I called the doctor and they could only see him at 4:30 he went to the doctors and they took his blood and asked if he was popping pills or an alcoholic because his blood was so thin. He also had a cold and the Doctor was not to worried about it. At 10:00 that night we got a call from our Doctor that Scott was to go check into the ER and plan on staying for a couple of days. He was worried that his head was bleeding because his head hurt. I couldn't stop crying I just kept thinking that I was going to be a signal parent for the rest of my life. When we got to the ER (the kids went to Natty's) his platelets that are the thing that clogs the blood was a 2 normal is from 200 to 500.  They checked his head for bleeding and gave him transfusions of 100 platelets. After that they put him in ICU and got him settled. They did his count again and after 100 platelets went in only 20 where still there. Then is dropped down to 4 6 hours later. They started him on steroids and his body is keeping a little more but this is going to be a long process.  The Doctor is thinking this is a crazy case because Scott has none of the symptoms. He should be tired feel numb, in and out of consciousness and his red and white blood cells should be whacked out but they are normal. As of today at 4:30 he has 16 and they are waiting to check later to see if his body will start to make his own. They think that this is just a virus and his spleen is just eating all his platelets. All his test are coming back normal and we are just waiting for more of the test to come back. The Doctor is saying that Scott is going to be here till Sunday and that is only if they can get his count up. He has to get his count up because with his low platelets if her bumps or falls he could die of internal bleeding. :( He just did all the paper work for Short term disability but that is only half of what he makes. They say it can take up to six months for him to be normal again and they don't know when he will be able to go back to work. It looks like I am probably going to be the sugar mama but it will be hard because he can't take 100% care of the kids like this. The kids are doing good and we have been up here with the kids and Brody loves to cuddle Scott and watch his cartoons. I love my Husband so much and want more then anything for him to be better and to know what the heck is going on.




9 comments:

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

Nicki, we're thinking of you and praying for you and Scott. LOVE YOU LOTS! let me know if you need help with the kids...

Heather said...

Nicki, we are praying for Scott and your family! I can't even imagine what you are going through...but hang in there! The Lord loves you both and is aware of your needs! I'd love to help with the kids, they would be more than welcome to come to my house anytime...day or night...seriously!! ((((HUGS)))
You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Jessica said...

Oh Nicki. I'm so sorry all of this is happening to you and Scott. We are praying for you!!! This is just craziness. The fact that he doesn't show all the symptoms. He's one tough guy!! Hang in there. We're all here for you :)

Paula Decaria said...

Nicki, I'm so sorry all of this is happening. We are praying for you! Love you lots and lots! Please let me help anyway I can! I even pay extra for my haircuts! :) And I can bring you food, too, and watch your kids... Love you!

Wendi said...

I hope he gets better so quick.

kim said...

Sorry to here that, I hope natty is taking good care of you. You guys are in our prayers! Hope for a quick recovery!

Cassidy said...

Oh my gosh nicki. I am so sorry. Your family is in our thoughts and hopefully things will get better soon.

Elise said...

I hope that his platelets get back up and stay up soon! So crazy! I'm so sorry and I hope that everything just works out okay. I wish I was closer and could watch the kids for you. :(

Your little family is so cute and sweet and I love those pictures of Maggie! We'll be praying for you!!!

Kami said...

I will be praying for you and your family. Hopefully things will get better soon and they can figure out what is going on!